Ledbury’s School Advisory Council or SAC is a self-governing, parent-run volunteer organization that represents the interests of parents, families and student care-givers at Ledbury Park E&MS.
Ledbury’s SAC is lead by an Executive Committee composed of a Chair person, Vice Chair, Treasurer and Secretary. There are also various committees and sub-committees that provide key functions and programing related to parent, family and student care giver interests at Ledbury.
SAC holds formal meetings on a regular basis throughout the school year, which are open for all parents to attend. The meetings provide a forum to convey information from the executive and committees to the parent body and also provide an opportunity to discuss relevant issues faced by SAC and Ledbury parents. The SAC meetings are also attended by the The Principal of the school and at least one teacher. The Principal provides a report at these meetings, and school issues are discussed in relation to this report.
Some of the key functions provided by Ledbury’s SAC include:
- Governance of financial matters including budget management, and fund allocation.
- Development and execution of fund raising initiatives
- Coordination with School Administration, and TDSB on school-related issues
- Coordination of programming initiatives such as movie nights, pizza lunches, lunch-time and after school activities
- Coordination of special events such as the Welcome Back BBQ and Spring Fling
- Advocacy for safety, nutrition and improved learning resources
- Communications between SAC itself and Ledbury families via development of the Ledbury website, email notifications and maintenance of the parent directory.