2020 – 2021 Spirit and Social Events
Notwithstanding COVID-19, SAC has an exciting line-up of fun spirit events in the works for the coming year – Ledbury Family Flags, Ledbury e-Cookbook, LIVE Paint Night, Pink Shirt Day “Create a T-Shirt Design” Contest. This year more than ever, we are in need of volunteers, and more ideas since everything must be done virtually! Volunteering is an excellent way to meet other parents and get involved in the school community. If you are interested please email Spirit@ledburypark.ca.
December 2020/January 2021 – Ledbury Family Flags
To celebrate the amazing families of our Ledbury Park community, we are launching a LEDBURY FAMILY FLAG PROJECT!
Our goal is to have a collection of flags at the school, and displayed on the fence between the playground and the parking lot. We hope everyone participates so all of our students have a little piece of their family displayed around the school.
Here is a sample flag:
How to get started?
1. You need a piece of paper, poster board, cardboard, box etc.
2. Decorate your family flag. Get creative and think about what best represents you and your family members. Here are a few ideas:
- Maybe ask each family member their favourite colour and have each colour represented on the flag.
- Incorporate images, emojis, etc. that represent each family member. For example, does a family member play an instrument or a sport? Their symbol could be a music note, a piano, a hockey stick, or a soccer ball.
- If you have pets, draw symbols/emojis for them too.
- Consider incorporating images/colours that represent your family heritage, country of origin, etc.
- Draw, colour, paint, print images or memes.
- You can also create a family crest or slogan to add to your flag.
3. Once your flag is complete, laminate it or seal it in a clear plastic/garbage bag to weather-proof it. Punch holes in all 4 corners of your flag and bag in order to hang it up.
4. Lastly, go with your family to secure your flag to the fence the between now and January, preferably before 8:40 am or after 3:15 pm.
- Fasten it to the fence between the parking lot and the playground, facing the playground so the kids can see it during recess.
- Use the cable ties provided to fasten your flag (these will be sent home with your eldest child), or if you prefer use whatever you have at home – twist ties, string or pipe cleaners.
- Take a picture with your family as a memento of this special bonding activity.
Now, go and get those creative juices flowing!
Hang your flags between NOW and January!
December 2020/January 2021 – The Ledbury @Home Family Cookbook
Send in your family’s favourite recipe for our school community’s digital cookbook!
The Ledbury @Home Family Cookbook will be available digitally free of charge for all Ledbury families. Nothing is as comforting as bonding over our best family recipes. Join us in connecting during this socially distanced time.
While we’re stuck at home this holiday season, share your favourite recipe from the comforts of your kitchen!
Wondering how to participate? It’s super simple:
- Decide on a recipe that you enjoy preparing & eating. Please share a maximum of 1 recipe per family.
- Snap some pics while cooking/baking and your final creation.
- Type up your recipe by downloading the provided template available by clicking HERE. Note that the template may also be uploaded into Google Docs if you do not have Microsoft Word.
- Tell us why this recipe is special to your family.
- Don’t forget to credit the original chef, if this is not your own recipe. (E.g. Rachel Ray’s Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies)
How to share your recipe with us?
Submit your recipes to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by Mon, Jan 11th, 2021.
A Message from the SAC Executive
SAC offers many exciting events and initiatives throughout the year. While some of these events and initiatives are fundraising based, all of these events are meant to raise school spirit and foster a sense of belonging within the Ledbury community. SAC recognizes that participating in everything all of the time may become financially challenging for some Ledbury families. If finances are ever a concern when it comes to SAC events or initiatives, please reach out to email@example.com. SAC regularly provides support for subsidized registrations and participation in SAC events/initiatives and rest assured, everything will be kept confidential. We would never intend to have a student or family feel as if they’ve been left out of the Ledbury community. If you have any questions about how SAC can assist please feel free to contact any member of the SAC Executive.
Throughout the course of the school year SAC attempts to capture as many photographs of the (amazing) SAC sponsored social and fundraising events so that we can then share these images with the Ledbury parent, student and teacher community via SAC’s website and bi-weekly newsletter, the “Ledbury Letter”. If for whatever reason you do not wish to have photographs of you or your children appear on the SAC website or in the Ledbury Letter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name(s), child’s name(s), child’s grade and the name of your child’s teacher. If we do not receive an email from you opting out, SAC will assume that your consent to include photographs of you and your children has been provided. If you have any questions or concerns on this matter please feel free to email the Executive Committee at email@example.com.